Many think that living a debt free life is a farfetched dream and cannot be easily attained. It is one of those things that they strive to gain but fail every time due to some circumstances or the other. Be it reckless lifestyle or overspending on the credit cards debts sometimes are too hard to shake off.
However by taking some planned steps you can cut down your dues and live a debt free life. It may be a little time taking and a little difficult at the beginning but it is not impossible. So, instead of repenting on the things that are already done, try and get your finances back on track by implementing some of these debt free direct ways:
- Design a budget plan: If you want to keep an accurate track of your expenses and get control over your finances it would be a good idea to design a budget plan. If you can stick to a well made monthly budget plan you can cut down your unnecessary expenses and can save some money to pay off your bills. A proper budget plan also helps in maintaining a stable financial life by avoiding debts.
- Cut down your credit card bills: You may not realize the amount of problems you face due to reckless spending habits till you get your credit card bills. You may be fond of buying things with cards but the habit may not be beneficial if you default on your bills at the end of the month. If the amount is high you may find it difficult to repay them. Such defaults may further lead you to debt problems. So in order to avoid that the best thing is to set a limit on your credit card expenses.
- Reduce your interest rates: You can get rid of your debts faster by reducing the interest rates on your debts. If your financial condition is poor inform your creditors and convince them to reduce your interest rates. If they agree to your negotiation deal you can pay off your debts comfortably and also avoid any problems relating to foreclosures, lower credit scores or bankruptcy. However make sure that you give proper reasons and show earnest efforts in becoming debt free.
- Avoid defaulting on payments: When in debts it is very important to make the payments of your other loans properly. It helps in improving your financial condition slowly and maintains your credit score. Avoid defaulting on the monthly payments of any bills. If required keep a track of your payment dates so you do not default on them and end up paying penalties.
- Consider other sources of income: If you want to get rid of your debts faster you just cannot depend solely on your primary income. The amount may not be sufficient for making the payments after meeting all your basic financial needs. In such circumstance consider taking up a part time job or work overtime to supplement your income. You can use this income to pay off your debts without hampering your budget plans.