Choosing a bank for your personal account and choosing a bank for your small business are completely different ball games altogether. It is very important that you choose the right bank for your business accounts as you need to be careful about whom you trust your money with. There are some banks which provide you with free business banking subject to some conditions. It is imperative that find out about such banks and you decide on the criteria that you would value for your small business accounts. Some of the factors that you need to consider before you settle down for a business account are as follows.
- Specialty of the bank – It is very important that you find out whether your bank is specialized on small business banking before you settle down for it. You should have a discussion with the bank manager and also other representatives in order to determine what kind of small business expertise they have and also find out if they offer free business banking that are aimed towards small businesses. A bank will understand that the specific niche that you are looking for is desirable as small businesses have various issues to deal with. Having expert knowledge in that industry will help the financial institution to cater to your business needs better.
- Products and services the bank offers- The products and services which banks offer business accounts differ from the ones that are offered for personal accounts. Such products and services also differ from one bank to another, thus you need to gather detained information on several services which you can take advantage of. These services include:
- Participation in Small Business Association Loan Programs or other loans which are government guaranteed.
- Criteria required for qualifying for their loans. Credit cards and loans.
- Minimum balance and fees associated with small business accounts.
- Facility for night deposits and online banking.
- e. Interest offered on both credit card and loans.
- Customer service of the bank – There might be some business owners who don’t particularly attach a great weight to how friendly the disposition of the employees of the bank is, this is quite important. This is because when you are doing business with a bank, it is more appreciated if you feel comfortable and friendly around that banker. You should not be treated as just another account number. Cultivating a good relationship with the representatives of your bank will have a positive impact on your banking experience. You should take time while researching on banks and discuss all your doubts in details with several managers to find the one which best suits your needs.
While you are researching on banks another important factor to be kept in mind are the fees charged. There are fees like research fees, minimum balance fees, transaction limit fees and monthly service charges. For your small business accounts, it is crucial to find these out so that you get the best of the deal.
Image Source : http://www.flickr.com/photos/businesspictures/3794318490/