The latest advents of technology have shown us through great heights of improvement involving distance, time, location and other key constraints. In the recent times, it’s not absolutely necessary for any employee to be present in the office to deliver his services. He can easily do it without having the need to leave the comfort of his own home. A number of opportunities have opened up for members of a large section of our population that are truly qualified and skilled, but can’t consider utilizing an employment opportunity outside their homes.
Working from home is truly beneficial for mothers that stay at home, pregnant women, those who’re trying to augment their income by serving on a part-time basis, those who have suffered major injuries amounting to physical handicaps and those who have retired in the recent past. By working from home, these people are making a good utilization of time and earning a certain amount of money every month. For those that wish to start their own business, the various ways to make money at home seems quite appealing.
Are there any real advantages of working from home?
- Gaining freedom or control: Life remains in your control and you experience liberation while working from home. A dynamic corporate culture won’t ever bog you down, your earnings will be directly proportional to your actual productivity and you won’t ever need to follow a tight routine. The tremendous amount of stress that people suffer in their workplaces will no more cause any hassles for you.
- Saving your commute time: All of us tend to reach our workplace in about 45 minutes on an average. Twice the amount of time you need to reach office is spent in commuting to and fro. If your commuting time is added to an 8-hour working schedule, then you end up spending some 10 hours away from home. By working at home, you’ll be able to spend your commuting time with your loved ones or utilize it towards your service.
- Lowering the costs: Lowering the costs of transportation and fuel tend to become easier as you no longer need to visit your office regularly. You’ll also be able to save more in terms of money that you would otherwise spend on having your lunch outside. Visiting a fast food joint and grabbing a bite is not as healthy as having your home made meal. It affects your health when you have fast food on a daily basis.
- Flexible work schedule: Working from home provides you with several benefits. You’ll have the option of finding a convenient time to schedule your working hours. You don’t need to follow the usual office timings and rarely need to take a day off for fulfilling your personal obligations. Your timings may be adjusted to create an opportunity of driving kids to school besides taking small breaks to visit neighboring shops.
- Increased productivity: Productivity of people that work from home is certainly more than those that work from an office. A proper optimization of time is only possible when you start working from home. This goes against our general assumption. Factors like a better retention of employees, improved health of employees, and reduced costs of production will certainly increase productivity once the telecommuting means are provided to employees.