According to Guillaume Jalenques de Labeau and his team at financial services and investment solutions company Mansartis, the best way to start on the path to fiscal prosperity is with a clearly defined investment philosophy. The next most important step on the path to wealth management for corporations and their shareholders, they say, is developing a team-centered approach to investing that looks at the best ways to build long-term value rather than only short-term returns. This team of investment professionals and financial experts upholds several basic principles and a disciplined set of processes that dictates how they structure their fund management services. It’s worth looking at this approach that has brought the company so much success with numerous clients over the last three decades under the leadership of Mr. Jalenques de Labeau.
Basic Principles of Fund Management
The team at Mansartis insists on five basic principles of fund management that dictate their investment philosophies and approaches. These basic principles are described as follows:
- Construct diverse portfolios with a shared set of rules across the board in order to ensure the lowest possible risk for clients’ investment portfolios.
- Integrate ongoing momentum with the long-term goals of the client to achieve the maximum intrinsic value for their investment portfolio.
- Manage portfolios with conviction, ignoring previous benchmarks and any bias towards a particular market or investment style.
- Share knowledge with the team during every decision and step of the process.
- Take a team-centered approach to investing based on bottom-up stock pricing and fundamental analyses while looking at the long-term results of each decision.
Disciplined Processes for Successful Investing
In addition to adhering to these five basic principles of fund management, Mr. Jalenques de Labeau’s team at Mansartis also institutes a disciplined set of investment processes that must be validated by a committee before and after each major step. This disciplined approach to investing ensures the most positive results with the lowest level of risk for the firm’s clients across the globe. The process goes as follows:
- It all starts with an analysis of the macroeconomic environment and any international economic issues that the client is facing, and then defining their investment universe and relevant sector allocation.
- After an asset allocation committee has validated the preliminary analysis step, the firm implements quantitative screening of more than 3,000 listed companies in the appropriate investment universe to identify and valuate potential targets.
- Once a stock-picking committee has chosen the appropriate investments based on an analysis of each company’s business environment, model, and strategy, then the portfolio construction can begin. This final step involves decision-making, construction of the portfolio by a dedicated portfolio manager, and implementation of a carefully developed set of diversification rules. Then a return analysis committee gives the final say before the portfolio is approved and the wheels of investment are set into motion.
With such a detailed, principled, and disciplined approach, it’s easy to see why this company has been a top investment firm for more than 30 years.