Filing for bankruptcy is a major decision to make, and is usually a consequence of many situations like to eliminate high medical bills, to eliminate the legal obligation of paying off high debt, to prevent the shutting off of utilities and to stop harassment from creditors. Once you make this decision, you need to make the decision of hiring a bankruptcy lawyer. If you wonder why, read on.
- Risk management-If you file for bankruptcy on your own, you take numerous known and unknown risks with it. You need to get business bankruptcy attorneys in Scottsdale to help you tackle the unknown risks.
All your assets become part of your bankruptcy when you file for it, even if you had sold or given them away within bankruptcy law limits. Your lawyer will assess all your risks and come up with a plan to avoid fraudulent actions and prepare you for the bankruptcy.
- Learn benefits and differences of each chapter-There are benefits and drawbacks to filing for liquidation bankruptcy or reorganization bankruptcy and its rules and issues are understood only through exposure to the bankruptcy system. It is your lawyer who will be able to assess your case and decide which type of bankruptcy is better for you.
- Protect assets– As all your assets are part of your bankruptcy, there is always the risk of you losing some assets. However your experienced attorney will help protect them while following bankruptcy rules. If you don’t follow bankruptcy rules while protecting your assets, you not only risk losing the assets but also risk serving potential prison time.
- Mental peace-You get mental peace and satisfaction if your bankruptcy case is properly planned and its paperwork properly prepared. While filing for bankruptcy, you will have to produce some underlying documents like tax returns and pay stubs.
Instead of your going through all this trouble, your lawyer will put together all your petitions and schedules. They will also answer all the questions and help explain tricky situations and property valuations.
- Know all the local practices and people involved in bankruptcy-It is very important that you know the judge and trustee of your case while filing for bankruptcy. You should also know all the local rules, and how issues are resolved in District of Arizona. All this is not possible by you, or any regular person. You need the help of an experienced attorney to help provide all the accepted legal maneuvers in your jurisdiction.
So you can see that it is a must to hire a bankruptcy attorney to handle your case. Don’t think of hiring just any lawyer as you need an attorney who’s well versed with bankruptcy laws and regulations.
If you hire a criminal lawyer or personal lawyer, there is a chance that they are not well versed with the latest changes and ramifications in bankruptcy laws. Therefore, it is only a qualified and experienced bankruptcy law firm in Scottsdale who keeps abreast with the many changes and improvements in bankruptcy laws to help serve their clients better.