Now Reading
4 Tips About Personal Finance From Industry Experts

4 Tips About Personal Finance From Industry Experts

personal finance

From student loans to credit card debt, a lot of people these days are struggling to pay back the money they once borrowed from a bank, financial institution, or a friend. Not paying back the money can not only add to the interest but also destroy relationships. “55 percent of Americans with credit cards have debt,” says a report by CNBC. In this post, I have shared tips about managing personal finances from industry experts.

Here Are the 4 Tips About Personal Finance From Industry Experts

1) You Don’t Need to Be Frugal to Save Money- Ramit Sethi

In the age where almost every other personal finance tells you to find creative ways to save money, Ramit Sethi advises learning how to earn more instead. It takes work to be able to save a few bucks every day. You need to track coupons, use several grocery store discount apps, and so on a so forth. 

How about investing that time in making more money. Ramit also advises automating your savings. For instance, put most of your savings in CDs and forget all about it for the next 10 years. This is just the tip of the iceberg. 

2) Always follow the 70/30 Rule- Jim Rohn

Jim Rohn was one of the pioneers of the self-help theory. He is the one who came up with new and inventive ways to better the overall life without seeking external help. His 70/30 rule states that one should save 30 percent of after-tax income and learn to live with the remaining 70 percent. The rule also states a small portion of the 30 percent income can also use invested or donated to charity.

3) Don’t Spend Money You Don’t Have- Gary Vaynerchuck

Statista has ranked Instagram sixth on its list of most popular social media site in 2019. Facebook, Youtube, and WhatsApp are at the top of the list. According to Gary Vaynerchuk, most people belonging to the millennials and Gen X demographic are brainwashed by social media influencers on Instagram. Instagramers portray a life that they themselves don’t live. For a young person, it is essential to be aware of traps laid ahead. It is not a good idea to spend your borrowed money on things you don’t need.

4) Always Focus on Learning and Acquiring More Knowledge on Money- Tai Lopez

Tai Lopez is an American entrepreneur with a net worth of 60 million dollars. Some say he inherited the wealth from his parent and some think he is a scammer. But the life and money advice he shares on his YouTube and Instagram page is priceless. 

Tai believes that the best thing you can do is to get rich in 2020 is to acquire more knowledge than your competitors. Read books, follow personal finance experts on Twitter, attend meetups, and cultivate good money habits. 

The Bottom Line

A lot of people believe Jim Rohn’s advice on money to be outdated as he was popular in the 80s, 90s and the early 2000s. But this is not the case. The amount of money you should save from your total monthly income depends on how much you earn. If you are barely surviving than 30 percent savings would do wonders for your future finances.

View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll To Top