Being frugal is always a challenge. However, the positive outcomes help you lead a better life. Therefore, we should all the time maintain frugality in our life whether it is our day-to-day essentials or entertainment activities. Given below are 25 wonderful techniques to remain frugal and overcome the curse of being indebted:
1) Use coupons prudently – Clipping coupons for the commodities you use daily is a good idea.
2) Go for a balance transfer credit card – When you have several credit cards with high balances and interest rates, transfer them to one single card at an affordable rate.
3) Make your lunch at home – When you’re going to the office, prepare your lunch and brown bag it to work.
4) Raise your insurance deductible – This will help you reduce your annual insurance costs.
5) Take the bus to the office – Don’t drive too often if it’s not needed. Take a bus en route to your workplace. Cycling or walking to the office is not bad either.
6) Wash your clothes on your own: Don’t send your clothes to a laundry. Instead, use your home washing machine and natural detergents to clean them.
7) Stop impulse buying: Your impulse buying behavior might make you fall into debt very soon. So, get rid of it immediately.
8) Hire books and DVDs from the library: This also controls your needless spending on leisure and entertainment.
9) Share your meal with others: When you are eating outside with your friends or known people, request them to contribute to the meal. In this way, you can cut down your dining costs outside.
10) Buy your gadgets online: Be it an iPhone or an android phone, buy it online to save a lot of money. Online buying always involves a lot of discounts and offers and is a more preferred option than offline buying.
11) If needed, buy used items: Craigslist is a good resource of used items in good condition.
12) Quit smoking and drinking: This is difficult but essential to be frugal in life.
13) Learn minor house repairs: This is quite important. Doing small house repairs without anybody’s help also brings a sense of satisfaction to you.
14) Stop borrowing without need: Some of us have the habit of applying for new credit cards, home loans, auto loans, and other varieties of credit even when we don’t need them. This should be stopped at any cost.
15) Don’t buy insurance cover which you don’t need: Unnecessarycoverwill only raise your financial difficulties.
16) Create a sensible budget and follow it: See the areas of your income and expenditure. Set a rational budget and follow it sincerely. Try to save some money every month.
17) Plan your trips in the offseason: Traveling in the offseason is a realistic way of saving money.
18) Drive slowly and cautiously: Driving fast will cost you more in terms of fuel. You can also be booked for a speeding ticket.
19) Get sample medicines from doctors: You can always get sample medications from your physician when they get them for free.
20) Look after yourself: You should build up the consciousness of healthy living. Eat the right food, exercise daily, and maintain your dental hygiene.
21) Increase your water intake: Rather than sipping on artificial beverages, drinking water is a much better and more hygienic way of quenching thirst.
22) Be a wise shopper: Only buy things that you can’t live without.
23) Cook at home: Rather than buying expensive and junk food from outside, try to cook healthy and delicious food in your home.
24) Drink coffee at home: Your coffeemaker is your best friend here.
25) Save on telephone costs: If you have a mobile phone, just do away with your landline phone.
Follow these tips and soon you will notice a drastic improvement in your lifestyle which will make you a better personal finance manager altogether.
Staying out of debt is becoming more popular with young people today. Many college students are choosing to take online courses to have time to work during the day, as many top universities are offering their online versions of their best courses.